Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Easy Ride 3"

Hi and welcome to the last episode of the "Easy ride" trilogy. This time we make new discoveries and get ourselves into more idiotic nonsense as we ride from 12.30am till 11.00am.

Our route?

Exploration of the Jurong park connectors that run around Jurong Lake, running over stupid toads, get threatened by dogs at the lake, taunted by a freaking bullfrog that hops into a tree hole and seems to say "Screw you with the dogs" while we were being barked at, headed for Nasi Lemak at Jurong West extension before going to Sentosa for a super fun gravity climb along the road to Sentosa Cove and back. Planned to stop at the great Murtabak stall along Telok Blangah but decided to head to West Coast Park Mc Donald's for milk shake. By that time, I was already tired and sleepy to the point of falling off my saddle.

Anyway, I entered Mc Donald's and ordered an ice latte for myself but the staff gave me a hot one instead, so I simply just asked for a cup of ice that in my midst of sleepiness and fatigue, knocked the ice over so had to get another cup. Given sugar sachets for my hot latte, I needed to dissolve the sugar in the latte before pouring it into the cup of ice. I added sugar into the cup of ice only to have Ben stare at me in disbelief and burst out laughing. "What was I thinking" I should have added sugar into the latte before pouring it into the ice. This is called, "Stupidity caused by fatigue!"

Headed back towards Hillview and was nearly beheaded by this drunk driver who opened door of the trailer as I was about to pass the vehicle. I missed it barely by 3cm. I became fully awake by then. Dodged the traffic at Clementi Road to head back to Hillview, only to reach there at 7.10am for Teh Tarik.

Along comes the regular gang of Belinda, Ricky, Joshua and Swastic, who tempted me for another 40km Mandai Ride. By this time we had already done 65km and another 40 didn't seem like a good idea, especially with Belinda and co. Temptation and the thought of doing 100km that day made me decide to give it a shot. Bad choice! Ended up feeling so tired that I was literally zoning out wherever I had the opportunity.

Ride ended at 11.30am and I went home for a shower before proceeding to Viki's to collect my Topeak Prepstand Elite that I ordered. Had our regular beef noodles and headed back home by cab. Ben and I were out cold all the way back home.

Came back, set up the stand and mounted my bike on it. Very sturdy stand and great clamping. I'll do a write up of the stand when I uncover more of its mechanical properties and efficiencies. Took a half hour nap before going out for a meeting at 8.00pm. That concludes my day since yesterday riding and running errands and over toads and now trying to rush this blog before I hit the sack.


Try avoiding this, you'll enjoy the cleanup on your bike when you get back.... :p



Till next time,

Zzzzzzz............



Total distance : 107.66km
Average Time : 19.5km/h
Riding Time : 5hrs 30min

2 comments:

-ben said...

last

"Last"? What do you mean by "last"? Why a trilogy? Why not a tetralogy? Heck, why not a series? :-D

Alas, I think our bodies would fail if we keep this up. Either that or some uncle, auntie, soccer mom, or drunk truck driver would get lucky and nail either one (or both) of us. Man, that freaking White Door of Skull Crunching Death really woke us up, eh?

Speaking of politically incorrect jokes, have you seen this?

:-P

Hon Shin said...

Actually, I've had enough of easy rides.

Next up! Epic Trilogy!!! Minimum, 200km per day, 3 times within the week!

Following that we can try Challenge Week! 1000km in a week!

Following that the Challenge Trilogy!!! 3 Challenge Weeks within the Month!!!