Friday, October 26, 2007

"Easy" ride 2

Sometime I wonder if I am too naive to trust people twice. This morning's "easy" ride was a bad idea. I really can't feel my legs today anymore. After yesterday's "easy" ride, I should have known better. Today's "easy" ride was called, operation "Nasi Lemak"


Red Line : Route Start
Blue Line : Return Route


Ride started at 2.30am

Started from Dairy Farm and ended up in Changi Village after making 2 detours at Hume Avenue climbing and taking Old Holland Road and coming downhill at 6th Avenue before heading the usual way to Fort Road from Bukit Timah. A new discovery we made this ride was that the East Coast Changi Park Connector has finally been built and completed. It is finally safe to ride from East Coast to Changi without having to use the dangerous Coastal Road and dodge traffic at Changi Loyang Area. Reaching Changi, we were both hungry and headed straight for our regular "Nasi Lemak" joint only to decide later to try another stall so that we would know of other alternatives next time we came.

After eating our early breakfast I had half a mind to take a cab back home as it was already 6:00am and I did not want to have to dodge the morning traffic. I was convinced by Ben to carry on after exploring the many ways of going back without having to navigate the many huge traffic invested junctions in the city area. We decided to take the same way back from the park connector then from Fort Road and then to Tanglin Road and Nassim Road to the old SMU or current NUS campus before turning into Bt. Timah Road and back to Bt. Batok.

As usual, the slp road coming from PIE exiting from the Shell station at Bukit Timah proves to be a hazard again. Another crazy lady driver was coming down the slope fro PIE and showed no signs of stopping as Ben was approaching the slip road. Then the most remarkable thing happened, she turned to talk to the person in the back of the car! Ben nearly crashed into the car and I nearly crashed into him. Or tires skidded violently and I was nearly run over by the oncoming car from the back. What's it with these drivers today? What sense of safe driving do they lack? Are they so self involved that they have no consideration for others?

Anyway we parted at the junction of the nature park and I proceeded to the light industrial estate to purchase my 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch converter for my torque wrench. I finally got it and will be able to torque my bike parts to the correct tension.

Ride ended 10:30am

Conclusion:
Not an easy ride but but a very good endurance ride. Tasted some good Nasi Lemak and discovered the East Coast Changi Park connector.


Total distance : 100.17km
Riding time : 4hrs 58min
Average Speed : 20.1km/h

1 comment:

-ben said...

"easy ride"

LOL!
I love the phrase.
Can you imagine what the ride will be like when we create one and call it "epic"?

:-D